Coconut oil is the most versatile oils and is a staple in many kitchens. Coconut oil has been common in Asian households and Pacific since ancient times, and is now gaining popularity in the West and being recognized for their health benefits and beauty such as for skin and shiny hair.
Coconut oil is an oil, as already mentioned, very versatile, since you can use both recipes, remedies for health, beauty recipes, and many other uses too. This time we will use the olive oil for skin and hair. So maybe it's time to change your expensive commercial products hair and skin, for a cheaper, natural alternative, you have nothing to lose.
What should we use coconut oil
For best results, use coconut oil unrefined (often labeled as coconut oil "virgin") that is processed without chemicals that harm natural compounds that make it so good for hair and skin. You can find it in some supermarkets, health food stores or online.
Coconut oil for shiny hair
Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids (MCT), wherein the lauric acid is the best known of them. These fatty acids nourish and hydrate the scalp and hair. A study published in 1999 in the "Journal of Cosmetic Science" found that applying coconut oil to the hair, reduced breakage.
Using coconut oil for shiny hair
Coconut oil is solid at cold temperatures, but melts at 76 degrees F (24.5 C) or higher. So if coconut oil is solid, melting few tablespoons water bath.
- You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil in coconut oil to add a pleasant smell or to improve benefits for hair (See 12 oils to help grow hair).
- Massage coconut oil on the scalp and hair. You can apply the oil to damp or dry hair, but it is easier to spread the oil when the hair is wet. You can also apply the oil only on the tips of the hair rather than the scalp.
- Then wrap the hair with a shower cap or towel for your hair is completely covered, and wait at least an hour or two, or preferably overnight (the longer you wait, the more conditioned your hair will).
- Then wash your hair twice with your shampoo, you can use natural shampoo until all the oil has been removed completely. If you wish, you can use apple cider vinegar as a hair rinse afterwards. See: herbal conditioner for hair with vinegar.
- Repeat this treatment when the hair begins to feel dry (depending on how dry the weather is or how often you use the curling iron). It can be done once a week or less.
Do not stop reading: Dry hair and natural treatments
Coconut oil for hair without graying
Pigment cells located at the base of each hair follicle, are responsible for the color of your hair. However, as it grows more and more, these pigment cells die and become less efficient.
One way that coconut oil prevents gray hair, is nourishing the scalp and protecting the base of hair follicles. The healthier your hair is, the longer you will be able to avoid gray hair.
To do this, hair massage with coconut oil and lemon every day for at least 15 minutes.
Coconut oil for shiny skin
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer not only hair, but also for the skin. It helps soften the skin and is especially good for dry skin. It can also help treat eczema due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Coconut oil is better than many commercial moisturizers containing petroleum-based ingredients and a lot of water. The water content makes you feel like your skin was hydrated, but when the water dries, the skin becomes dry again. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is a deep moisturizing feeding deeper tissues.
Do not stop reading: Home Remedies to have a smooth beautiful feet
Using coconut oil for a glowing skin
- Apply coconut oil after a shower or after washing your face.
- When applying coconut oil on your face, do it like you do with your regular moisturizer.
- Start with a small amount (size of a pea) and apply around the eyes and face, and even if your lips are dry and cracked. At first it tends to have a greasy consistency, but quickly absorbed into the skin. Let it soak into the skin for a few minutes before applying makeup.
You can also use coconut oil instead of body lotion to moisturize the rest of your body.
Lúcida research and writing of Life