Who has not suffered from this awkward situation of having something in the ear. Our ears, because of its shape, can easily suffer due to the entry of foreign agents, whether insects and water. Water can get into the ear for example, when we are swimming and bathing, with inadequate head position.
The water usually leaves the ear as easily as entering it. However, sometimes the water in the ear can penetrate into the ear canal, which gives you the feeling of a blocked ear. This, in turn, can lead to ear pain, itching, hearing problems, tinnitus and ear infections. Such conditions, when not treated, it can damage your hearing permanently. Therefore, you must remove water from the ear as soon as possible. But how to do it? Here are some tips and tricks as well as home remedies to get rid of water in your ear.
Getting the ear water immediately
It is always better to remove water from the ear as soon as possible. So, if you are swimming or taking bath and you realize that there is water in the ear, do the following immediately.
- Salt water. Whether you're in a pool, bathtub or shower. Salt water so that no more water in the ear.
- Shake your head. Move your head side to side while keeping a little more inclined side of your affected ear so that water can flow out of it.
- He bows his head and use a little force. Fold the head side of the affected ear. Put your ear to the shoulder and hit the opposite side of the head with the palm side. This may be sufficient to force water out of the ear.
If all the above steps do not helped remove water from the ear, take the help of some specialized movements that can do wonders for you. Here are some simple but effective movements to remove water from your ear.
Gravity helps draw water ear
This movement can be called by gravity drainage from the ear. You can do it while you are standing or lying down.
Stand and nods
- Simply you need to tilt your head to the affected ear down to the serious work on it and help drain water from the ear.
- Keep your head moving smoothly back and forth, while strips your earlobe. This opens the ear canal to allow water to drain out.
Lie to remove water ear
- Lie down on the bed with his head hanging down from its edge.
- He bows his head hanging to your affected ear is facing downward.
- Now gravity will have its own course and help drain water from your ear.
- Sometimes sleeping on your side with the affected ear on the pillow can also help drain the water.
Create vacuum in your ear to expel water
- Tilt your head to the side of the affected ear and place the palm below the ear.
- Gently push the palm of entry and exit to the time when the water starts to come out of your ear. By doing this, a vacuum suction is created while removing water from ear to your palm.
- You can also use your finger instead of the palm to create a vacuum in the ear.
- Place a finger in the affected ear, which should be facing downward.
- Push and quickly pulls the finger to create a vacuum.
- It will take a few seconds for the water out of the ear.
Caution: Never try to create vacuum with the affected ear upward. This will make the water goes back into the ear canal. In addition, always deals with the palm first. It is not recommended to use the finger in the ear. Use your fingers to remove water from your ear when you can not only succeed in creating vacuum with palm. Before inserting your finger into the ear, always clean your fingers properly and make sure you do not have long nails or sharp. Do not insert your finger deep into your ear.
Use the Valsalva maneuver
The Valsalva maneuver is the common way to open a clogged ear. Help ears burst to open the Eustachian tubes. This, in most situations will push water out of the ears.
- Squeezes your nose with your fingers, keeping your lips closed.
- Now blow your nose gently.
- Because you have covered your nose with your hand, the force will be placed in the eardrums that cause Popping action. If you do the movement correctly, a soft click indicates that your eustachian tubes are open will be heard
- This probably will push the water out of your ear.
Do not stop reading: Using onion to treat scars
Caution: Do not be too hard while you blow with your nose pinched. This can cause some damage to your ears or nose. Blow your nose gently pressed.
Yawning or chewing movements help to draw water from the ear
Nothing could be simpler than this. Just act like you're yawning or chewing.
- Open your mouth and yawns. You may hear a sound inside your ear. It is because of the pressure created in the middle ear and ear canal stretch.
- Now tilt your head to the side of your affected ear and shake slightly to drain the water.
- You can also make chewing movement. This works in the same way that yawning creating pressure inside the ear. If you can not act, eat a piece of gum.
Here are some ways to get rid of water in the ear as soon as meta inside. But what if takes considerable time there and now you feel uncomfortable with the water stuck in your ear? There are home remedies for this. The following remedies may get rid of the water you in the ear.
Home remedies to remove water ear
These remedies are not only to remove water, but also for the elimination of any other fluid could enter the ear. The liquid can also accumulate in the ear due to an infection in the ear. You should always consult a doctor for treatment of this type of ear infections. However, you can use the following home remedies to drain fluid, but not cancel the appointment with your doctor. If the water in your ear, you may just have to use the remedies only.
When you give steam treatment at the ear, this helps open the Eustachian tube, helping to drain water out of easily heard.
- A large bowl filled with hot water
- A towel
- Place the container on a flat surface.
- Cover your head with a towel and put on the cup so that the steam can not escape.
- Bows his head so that your ear is affected on the cup.
- Remain in this position for as long as possible, but no more than 10-15 minutes.
- The steam will help loosen the fluid that will come out of your ear.
If the steam is too much for you, try to give heat therapy to your affected ear. The easiest way is getting a heating pad that works the same way as steam treatment. This will help open your Eustachian tubes so that the liquid or water can escape without any difficulty.
• A bowl filled with hot water
• Soak the cloth in hot water
• Drain excess water to make your heat pad.
• Keep this compress against your ear affected only by 30 seconds.
• Take a break of half an hour.
• Do this for 3-4 times.
• Now tilt your head or lie with the affected ear to the ground so that water can get out of your ear.
Use a dryer to remove water from the ear
This is not a foolproof way to get rid of water from the ear method, but for some people it may work. The warm, dry air can convert water into steam which is then removed from the ear. You have to be very careful when using a hair dryer to remove water from ear. The intense heat can damage your hearing. Always run the hair dryer on low heat adjustment. Also, keep at least 30 cms. away from the ear to minimize any detrimental effect.
- Hold the earlobe of your affected ear and pulls it a little.
- Hold the hair dryer in the other hand and place at least 30 cms. away from your ear. The dryer should be low heat level.
- Turn on the dryer and let the hot air into your ear canal for only half a minute.
- Off the dryer after 30 seconds.
- Take a break of 30 seconds to 1 minute and then repeats the process.
- Do this only for 3-4 times and no more than that.
- If you feel this practice too hot or if you feel some pain in the ear or face, stop immediately and do not repeat again.
Do not stop reading: Removes years from your face with this mask Japanese beauty
Caution: Be very careful when handling the hair dryer in the ear and face. Use this remedy as a last resort.
Make ear drop for alcohol and vinegar
The rubbing alcohol is a drying agent and may help dry the water in the ear. Vinegar helps keep bacterial infections distance as it has anti-bacterial properties.
- 1 part rubbing alcohol
- 1 part apple cider vinegar
- 1 dropperful sterilized ear
- Mix alcohol and vinegar.
- Using sterilized dropper, pour 3-4 drops of the solution into the affected ear.
- This will help break the infection and ear wax. It will also help dry the water in the ear.
Uses hydrogen peroxide to remove water from the ears
This is not only a remedy to get rid of water in the ear, but also a preventive measure for swimmers who frequently face this problem. Hydrogen peroxide or hydrogen peroxide, in fact, works to remove ear wax. This ear wax can trap water in it. Therefore, if you swim a lot, use this remedy to prevent water is retained in the ear.
- 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide
- Sterilized ear dropper
- Hair dryer
- Fill the dropper with hydrogen peroxide halfway
- Pour the solution into your ear
- Feel the bubble and the explosion
- Now tilt the head to one side and pulling back on top of the ear to the solution to drain properly.
- With the hair dryer, dry the ear canal to remove any moisture that may be there in your ear. Do not forget to set the dryer on low heat setting and blow. In addition, keep that 1 foot away from the ear.
Use sea salt to get rid of water in the ear
It is a well known fact that salt as a remedy that removes toxins from your body. So, if the water is there in your ear or there is any accumulation of fluid in the ear, you can use compresses of salt to get rid of them.
- ¼ cup sea salt
- clean cotton cloth
- Heated salt. You can do this by using microwaves to make it practical (although you can do in a frying pan).
- Now, take the hot salt and place it on the web.
- Tie the fabric with salt to make a hot compress.
- Keep this compress against your affected ear for 2-3 minutes.
- Now remove the napkin and tilts his head to let water out of the ear.
- You can best see this procedure in this article: natural remedy for ear infection
Do's and don'ts to prevent and remove water from the ear
- Always dry your ears after swimming. To do this, clean water out of them with a clean cloth. Dry the area near your ear canal.
- Tilt your head to one side and shake off excess water in the ears.
- Ask a doctor whenever you feel pain in the ear or seeing yellow-green pus coming from the ear. If so, do not try to remove water from the ear yourself. Tell the doctor to do this.
- Do not use cotton swabs or tissues for cleaning or drying the ears. These can damage the skin inside your ear canal making your condition worse ear.
- Do not use earplugs or cotton balls in the ears when the water has stuck in them.
- Do not use headphones until the water out of the ear and the pain subsides.
Lúcida research and writing of Life