Tea tree called Melaleuca alternifolia is native to Australia and used by local indigenous (Aboriginal) has long been a popular home remedy use.
The earliest records found in the botanical Dr. Joseph Banks, who arrived with the British explorers James Cook in 1770 to Australia. He saw the natives used a decoction of tea tree leaves to treat various skin problems and treat wounds.
After a period of neglect of this oil and its properties, in 1925, the essential tea tree oil was distilled and antiseptics, bactericides and fungicides benefits are scientifically demonstrated. Today the tea tree oil is experiencing a real renaissance, and not a few assert its various effects, especially on an emotional level.
main ingredients of tea tree oil
The tea tree is the most popular essential oils. In the steam distillation of the leaves and branches a fragrant and fresh oil is gained: known as tea tree oil.
Pure tea tree oil is a clear light yellow and a fresh and spicy scent. However, the subjective judgment is different - for sensitive nose smells rather unpleasant. The two major compounds that should their medicinal properties are terpinene and cineol.
The tea tree oil is relatively expensive in production, which is crucial for the effectiveness of essential oil, only the actual oil gives the desired effects. So you should only buy environmentally sound products, other oils are often lower quality.
Application and effect of tea tree oil
The tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory properties and that help with wound healing. Thus, the tea tree oil is beneficial the treat inflammatory skin problems, especially against acne pimples or warts. Also it happens to be a good agent to counteract the foot fungus and nail. There is also a good effect on colds.
Do not stop reading: 5 Ways to prevent skin cancer
For mouth sores and pimples
Mouthwashes with this oil help reverse gum inflammation or gargle helps inflammation of the throat.
The advantage of using tea tree oil is that it is very soft when applied to the tissue, such as when applied for pimples. In some cases, it can cause allergic reactions. The best is to do a skin test before applying oil to see if you can tolerate. You must avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes (as with all essential oils)
psychological effect of tea tree oil
The tea tree oil has a strong psychological effect and this is very interesting. The ingredients are very similar to the effects caused marjoram plant. Oil properties help improve anxiety and stimulates self confidence. The compounds organize tea tree as monoterpenes, as occurs in pine oils, help improve the emotional level of the person. They give strength and determination, it can also be useful to provide mental clarity.
The tea tree oil can help treat apathy, lethargy and fatigue. Particularly sensitive people overcome stress and anxiety in the stomach quickly using this essential oil.
Do not stop reading 5 great healthy contributions of spices in our food.
Using tea tree oil in skin and hair
- Pimples and acne: Spreading oil Tea tree with a cotton swab several times a day, and apply pure in the affected area.
- MassageMix oil drops tea tree pure plant oil (such as avocado oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil or jojoba oil) and massage them.
- Impurities in the skin: Add 10 drops in bath water and this will help remove impurities.
- Insect bites: Apply 1 or 2 drops of pure oil on insect bite.
- cosmeticsDepending on your needs, add a few drops of tea tree oil to your cream or lotion.
- Scalp: Dandruff, itching or irritated skin: Inluir about 5 to 7 drops in shampoo and wash your hair with this mixture.
- Facial Cleansing - This essential oil is ideal for treating stains on the skin: Apply a few drops on a damp cotton and clean the face with it. Keep your eyes closed while you apply.
- Feet: To treat tired feet, aching or even body odor: A few drops between your fingers rub pure and take foot baths
Uses oil to the mouth and throat
- gums: Use a 3 to 5 drops in a glass of water: Gargle with this mixture, it is effective decongestant nose and prevent gum infections.
- Remove tartar: Add 1 drop of toothpaste on the toothbrush, the oil is effective to remove plaque from teeth.
- Decay: 1 drop in toothpaste and avoid the appearance of bacteria that cause cavities.
Writing: Life Team Lúcida