Today, the pace of life so fast has created a constant in the emotional health of people: anxiety. Anxiety is the product of current demands at work, family, school and life in general. Worst of all is that to consult a doctor immediately prescribed anxiolytics or antidepressants like to "correct" the problem. This could be causing a lot of damage and still continue to suffer from anxiety. Manage anxiety without medication is the best choice you can give your mental and physical health.
6 ways to handle anxiety without medication
Anxiety is not a deficiency disease Xanax. The mind and body are involved in anxiety, however, anxiety is primarily a physiological disorder; that is to say, is a disorder of the body, not just the mind.
The good news is that change the physiology of our body is relatively easy to do.
There is so much we can do with diet and lifestyle to control anxiety, and much of it is safer and more effective than medication.
1. Maintain stable glycemic
- "There is a lack of respect for the complexity of existence noted that anxiety is often a low level of blood sugar and exhaustion." - Alain de Botton
- Diet promotes today a roller coaster of blood sugar, and every time we're on the trip down, we feel anxious.
- When our levels of blood sugar collapse, our body responds with a stress response. Secrete stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline, that tell our liver to produce more blood sugar to keep us alive. The good news: We were alive. The bad news: This hormonal stress response feels identical to anxiety.
- To stabilize blood sugar, you can prevent this response to stress and manage anxiety diminishing.
That's how you keep blood sugar stable:
1. Eat more proteins, and fats (eg, olive oil, coconut oil, butter raised animals grasses).
2. Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates.
3. Eat 3 meals and 2 snacks daily; Do not skip meals.
4. Take a tablespoon of coconut oil waking in the afternoon and before bedtime; This will serve as a safety net of blood sugar throughout the day.
5. Always have on hand a snack (eg, nuts, boiled eggs, black chocolate, wild salmon, almond butter).
Do not stop reading: 10 herbs to strengthen your immune system
2. Make a test without caffeine
- Do not underestimate the relationship between caffeine and anxiety.
- Think of it like this: when we are caffeinated, our nervous system is ready to fight. Enter a stressor, and you have an anxiety response style.
- If you suffer from anxiety, you should stay away from caffeine.
- If you reduce consumption gradually (coffee -> hal-caf (caffeine half half decaf) -> black tea -> Green Tea -> herbal tea) in the course of a week or two, you will avoid withdrawal symptoms. After a few weeks, you may be surprised to see that your anxiety has decreased, your sleep has improved, has stabilized energy, and even better tolerate stress.
- If you had a successful test of caffeine, but you want to regain this morning ritual, consider making green tea.
Have a good quality sleep is your best protection to manage anxiety. There is a 2-way street between anxiety and sleep, insomnia causes anxiety and lack of sleep makes us vulnerable to anxiety.
The best way to approach this is to prepare for sleep better. Conveniently, the way to do this overlaps with a general approach anxiety. Here's how:
- Reduce or eliminate caffeine. Even if you have trouble sleeping, caffeine decreased sleep quality.
- Keep stable blood sugar.
- Blood sugar disrupts sleep, causing you awake at night.
4. Healthy intestine
Recent studies on the relationship between the intestinal flora and mood. The bacteria in our digestive tract has a profound impact on how we feel and play an integral role in anxiety disorders.
Here's how to promote healthy intestinal flora and heal the gut:
Avoid what irritates the intestine: Food: gluten, sugar, industrial vegetable oils, artificial sweeteners, alcohol. Some medications: antacids, antibiotics, oral contraceptives (make changes only under the close supervision of your doctor).
He added which relieves the intestine: Fermented foods: sauerkraut, kimchi, beet kvass, miso paste, apple cider vinegar, kombucha, kefir (if you tolerate dairy products).
starchy root vegetables: sweet potatoes, bananas, taro, cassava. Bone broth. Supplements: Take a probiotic. Consider supplements with glutamine and collagen.
Create conditions to heal the gut: Using squatty potty (banquito to defecate correctly) to go to the bathroom, you can change your life. Sleep enough. Handles stress with yoga, meditation, breathing exercises, acupuncture, being in nature or any exercises you can do without problems.
Do not stop reading: Lack of energy and listlessness related to lack of testosterone
Treat intestinal infections. If you suspect you may have a chronic infection in the gut, make an assessment with a professional integrative or functional medicine.
Exercise is the best medicine to manage anxiety. If you struggle to exercise regularly, forget training camps and triathlons.
Get into the habit of mini workouts. Make small amounts of exercise in your living room or take a short walk outside. Hold the key. In general, stand more, sit less, walk whenever possible.
Tai Chi and yoga are particularly beneficial for anxiety, but the most important thing is to find something you like.
Magnesium is xanax of Mother Nature. Many of us are deficient in magnesium, because our food is grown in soils depleted magnesium.
It can be supplemented with magnesium from some different ways: Take a bath of Epsom salts. Chelated take a supplement of magnesium (eg magnesium glycinate). A topical gel test magnesium.
Anxiety has a significant impact on quality of life. Keep blood sugar stable, reducing caffeine, getting enough sleep, heal the gut, do some exercise and fill the body with magnesium, are security tactics go a long way toward reducing anxiety.
If you manage anxiety after making these recommendations in your lifestyle you is not working, it is recommended to have a consultation with a mental health professional qualified.
7. Embraces, dance, laugh!
Did you know that the embrace oxytocin increases and decreases activation fear center in the brain? If you know someone you trust who likes hugs you, go and embrace it. Make sure you choose someone who is not reluctant to touch or hug, or else just the way you feel worse.
There are so many ways we can manufacture chemicals in our body so beneficial to change our mood, not only be hugging, also dancing, and spending time with someone who always in a good mood and creating jokes that make you laugh.
Look for those environments looking for that kind of people, you'll see that the results are amazing.
Life writing Lúcida