The need for a antibacterial gel it becomes very important in our day to day because our hands are in daily contact with chemicals, microbes and many other types of bacteria that can be harmful to our health.
For this reason, Lucid Life gives you information so you can do it yourself. In the market you can find many options, however, it is proven that it is not the best option using commercial antibacterial due to various factors. But we consider that a Antibacterial gel created in your own home, It may contain extra ingredients that provide health benefits for the environment and the body, which, in addition to cleaning, provides skin benefits.
sanitizer for hand hygiene
Today, carry a hand sanitizer, is more than practical, it is very necessary because it allows you to have your hands disinfected at specific times of the day you have nowhere after washing them to have contact with handrails, doorknobs and other objects of public roads that may be dirty.
How to apply it is what makes it handy as drying is almost instantaneous and does not require rinsing, just simply rub your hands together.
Viruses have a running time of a day on hard surfaces, as are the furnishings. Fabrics, handkerchiefs or paper, can live several hours. Viruses, in our hands have a life of a few minutes, but if you bring your hands to your nose or eyes during that short time, can get diseases.
Do not stop reading: How to easily make a therapeutic sandals for your feet
How to make a homemade hand sanitizer
The ingredients we use are completely natural and do not be hard to find because they are available in natural stores, such as pharmacies or drugstores that sell essential oils.
The basic element that must not fail us in this recipe, is primarily oil tea tree, to go taking note. The importance of tea tree oil is its anti-bacterial power, anti-microbial and anti-viral. Also this oil will make the gel can last longer. This recipe is so simple that your children can help you do it.
Ingredients for the gel
- A dispenser.
- 7 to 10 tablespoons Aloe Vera gel
- lavender essential oil, a 10 to 15 drops.
- 15 to 20 drops of tea tree oil.
- 5 to 8 drops of essential oil of eucalyptus or essential oils to give your specifications aroma.
You can also use the following essential oils:
- Orange - Natural Antiseptic and antioxidant. It also smells nice.
- Cinnamon - antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and astringent
- Clove - Anti-microbial and anti-bacterial
- Romero - Antibacterial and Antifungal
- You must remove the inner part of the aloe vera leaves and put it in a bowl, then from there we extract the spoonfuls we need for the recipe.
- This is added in a container to subsequently add essential oils, one by one.
- We mix all substances and varying the amount of essential oils to achieve a more or less liquid consistency.
Do not stop reading: 50 useful and creative objects made with plastic bottles
Always consult with a physician or health care provider before using essential oils, especially in children or if you have a special medical condition.
Natural stronger disinfectant gel
For a stronger hand sanitizer, the following recipe containing rubbing alcohol and witch hazel is effective, although it will be more similar to the commercial versions but without the tricolás.
- Alchol to rub
- Vegetable Glycerin (optional)
- Aloe Vera Gel
- essential oil of cinnamon
- essential oil of tea tree
- distilled (or colloidal / ionic silver silver if available)
- Other essential oils if you like the smell
- To make this recipe, mixing 1/4 cup aloe vera gel, 1/2 teaspoon of glycerin and 1 tablespoon alcohol in small bowl. Add 10 drops of cinnamon essential oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil with other oils you want to add to the smell (lemongrass, orange, lavender and mint are good choices).
- Mix well and add distilled water (or colloidal / ionic silver) to dilute the consistency desired and other oils to add desired odor.
- Use a small funnel or medicine dropper to transfer the hand sanitizer bottles type of pump or spray.
- Use it as you would any other type of hand sanitizer.