You can not tell easily, but the foods you are eating every day may be slowly deteriorating your health and shortening your life. But how do I know? An elimination diet food could be the solution.
For many people, foods with toxic ingredients are difficult to detect, especially for those who have already cleaned up their diets and feel like they are eating healthy but even still manifest symptoms of not doing things quite right.
Eating "healthy" is not synonymous with being healthy, often foods that are labeled as healthy, including fruits and vegetables, are not exactly what our body, altered specific conditions, needs.
Allergies, itchy skin, and swelling in general are causing autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and other diseases with autoimmune spectrum as fibromyalgia, are some of the symptoms and indicate that beyond eating healthy, you should start an elimination diet.
The test can be enlightening, but the "gold standard", that is the last word to see if food is causing inflammation, it is to cut foods that can be the possible culprits for about a month, and see how you feel when reintroduces since the reintroduction, if they are really foods that hurt you, your reaction will be stronger and that will tell you must eradicate them completely.
The elimination diet that could change your life
everyone is advised to make a food elimination diet at least once. No need to be too sick to duty to do so.
This is a 7-step plan to make your own elimination diet. You'll be surprised what you can learn from this.
1. Take stock. It is difficult to know where you're going unless you know where you are.
Do you have skin problems, digestive problems such as gas, bloating or intermittent constipation? Do you suffer from allergies? How is your energy level? What about your mood? Do you suffer from brain fog? These are just some of the potential symptoms of food sensitivities.
Therefore, before starting an elimination diet starts on the head and go toward your feet, and make a list of everything that you notice in your body, whether if it is a subtle or long-lasting symptoms. This prepares you to notice significant changes when they occur.
Do not stop reading: 6 Natural Alternatives to Ibuprofen
2. Eliminates food usual suspects for 23 days
The basic elimination diet is as simple as this:
Gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, fast food or alcohol for 23 days.
Why 23 days?
Antibodies, which are proteins that the immune system form when it reacts to food, have about 21 to 23 days to yield, so if not leave things to which you are sensitive at least during this time, will not achieve the effect to eliminate them completely.
Why eliminate alcohol?
Eliminating alcohol is partly detoxification factor. But alcohol also has a lot of sugar that helps things such as harmful bacteria in the gut to thrive. So when you remove the alcohol, you may feel better in a couple of weeks, not only by the absence of a disruptor of sleep and depression in your life, but because you've really changed the flora in the gut is critical to keep healthy.
3. What demons like then!
If this is your reaction, do not panic. You can do it. The diet requires a little shopping and take a couple of minutes a day to prepare food.
We are all accustomed to fast food, easy to prepare. The problem is usually food that can be prepared and consumed in this way we get sick over time.
Form new habits takes 21 days, and that's why we're doing an elimination diet for 23 days. We want these new habits.
4. But seriously .... What should I eat?
- 30% protein "clean", ie organic, hormone free from animal fed with grass, lean meat, chicken, fish and seafood wild.
- 70% of vegetables, legumes (think beans and lentils), nuts, seeds, seaweed, and gluten-free grains like quinoa or oats, and are also organic and preferably raw. It's that easy.
5. What to eat and what to avoid in an elimination diet
What to eat
- Fish eats organic and wild
- Eat plenty of fiber, fresh whole foods and unprocessed foods; essential to cook yourself.
- Eating lots of healthy fats found in olive oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, linseed oil, walnut oil, and avocados.
Do not stop reading: 5 Natural treatments for vomiting
To avoid eating
- Any processed food (packaged, canned, etc.)
- Do not try to outsmart your attempts stirring the good with the bad, that is, for example, do not use a gluten-free bread and organic to smear an amount of refined carbohydrates up to make it look less bad. Or not prepare fruit smoothies with cow's milk, which first is not a good combination and secondly, apparently is a good thing to drink, but it is not because the dairy are not welcome during an elimination diet.
- Care with foods that originally contain gluten, usually suffer from cross-contamination with other foods together they do contain this protein and that usually contaminate. You must go for products that are free of gluten and are certified.
6. How can reintroduce foods the right way
This is also much simpler than people imagine.
Day 24, choose one thing you deleted, such as gluten or dairy products, or eggs, but no more than one, and eat it.
See how you feel in the next 48 hours. If you have no reaction after two days, eat the same food again, and for the second time, notice how you feel. From there, up to you to determine whether you should re-introduce that food in your diet on a regular basis.
Once you've re-introduced one first meal, choose another and follow the same steps.
7. All this works best when you pay attention to yourself
Through diet and reintroduction process, notice how you feel. Perhaps you will see the changes you did not expect. Maybe your quality of sleep or your energy level improved. Perhaps the skin redness is gone, or your belly is flatter, do not produce phlegm or feel itching in the body. Perhaps even (because some manifest) do not have anxiety or panic attacks.
No blood test can tell you what life without a particular food. When you see it for yourself, you could sneak around saving a lifetime of inflammation, annoying symptoms, and in some cases even life-threatening diseases.
Lúcida research and writing of Life