You can forget knee pain with these treatments based on home remedies that really are effective to restore vitality to the kneecap and the knee joint.
Home remedies to treat knee pain can be employed when it comes to age-related problems, poor posture, a blow or injury minor which has no gravity, or even when knee pain causes due to weather or problems in the joints and bones. But you can not always prevent injuries occur in the knee, and any serious knee injury should be evaluated and treated by a physician.
Knee problems that require medical attention
- If you can not bear weight on the knee.
- Your knee is deformed or abnormal.
- The knee locks, or makes a clicking sound when the fold.
Knee pain is severe even at rest.
- You have noticeable swelling or redness around the knee, or the knee feels warm to the touch.
- Knee pain continues after three days of rest and home remedies.
Why knees hurt?
Each of the bones that form the knee are attached by tendons and ligaments. In turn, knees have two mattresses referred to as menisci, which protect or reduce friction to the movement of the joint.
Some reasons knees can hurt They are:
- Shock or trauma
- Sprained either meniscus or patella
- sedentary lifestyle
- wear heels
- Lifting excess
- old age
Causes of knee pain
Knees are one of the most complex joints of the body and more prone to injury. Why? The culprit may be the design of the knee. Unlike the hip joint, which is a deeply cushioned joint, the knee joint is more exposed making it more vulnerable.
While knee problems can result from injuries such as falls, motor vehicle accidents and sports injuries or diseases such as arthritis, the vast majority of knee problems are caused by straining the knee during walking, climbing, or other repetitive exercises, high impact. Poor conditioning of the muscles of the legs also emphasizes knees.
Home remedies for sore knees
If knee pain is the result of overuse, lack of use or any problems related to joints, you can use the strategies and home remedies in the next section to improve and maintain the health of your knees and if you suffer from pain, to help relieve knee pain and speed healing.
Overweight affects all joints in the body, and carry those pounds is especially hard on the knees, since with each step, is exerted on the knees a force equal to one and a half the body weight. An extra 20, 30, 40, or more pounds of body weight (generally of body fat) can actually cause serious knee problems and represent a very excruciating pain.
For example, if you only have 20 pounds overweight and you jog, you're putting 100 pounds of extra force on each knee at every step. So work on getting and keep weight within a healthy range by adopting a diet low in fat, low calorie diet and exercise regularly, among many other tips to lose weight and lose weight that you can find on our website It will help you avoid knee pain and other injuries that may occur.
Do not stop reading: Why gain weight during menopause
Control your feet
A common cause of knee problems is pronation, or movement of the foot inward. A certain amount of pronation is normal, but too much can cause knee problems, and throwing the knee out of alignment which can lead to knee pain.
You can correct pronation with supportive shoes designed to prevent pronation or orthotics, which are special inserts for shoes.
Buy the right shoes
To prevent knee pain is advisable to bring the heel as low as possible. The body can tolerate a bead approximately one inch; high heels throw the body forward and stress on the knees. If you tend to pronate, buy a shoe that has antipronation devices or high density material on the inside and a filler material on the inside of the sole. Also, look for shoes that have a rigid heel counter, the part of the shoe that cups the heel, because it helps stabilize the heel.
For sports, buy shoes designed for the activity - walking shoes for walking, sport running shoes, and so on. Use running shoes for walking can cause pain in the shins and in some cases knee pain.
Use Epsom salts
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate, which is really a wonderful substance to relieve knee pain. Magnesium sulfate is a natural mineral that has been used for pain relief for years, that is, due to its high levels of magnesium.
You will need to
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- A large container of warm water
Fill a large bowl with warm water and add ½ cup Epsom salt. Revuélvela must then immersed in the liquid knee. If you find it difficult knees dip in a bowl, try to take a bath with Epsom salts. You can use a tub of warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt. Soak for 15 minutes (at least) your knees.
Turmeric and ginger tea
Turmeric and ginger are two natural antiinflammatorios that will help relieve knee pain, and will help to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Turmeric in particular has received much attention lately. Its active ingredient is something called curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant. It also reduces the levels of two enzymes responsible for causing inflammation (which is what we are fighting often when we suffer arthritis) You can take them in capsule form or make a nice place to enjoy tea every day.
You will need to
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric to taste
Put 2 cups of water to boil, and then add ½ teaspoon ground ginger and ground turmeric. Reduce to a simmer and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain, add honey to taste, and enjoy it twice a day. This yields 2 servings.
Acquire more magnesium
Magnesium is something our body needs but can not do it ourselves. Magnesium is used in more than 300 different biomechanical responses in our body. Relaxes muscles and nerve endings, stiffness and helps relieve knee pain. Not only it helps relax muscles and relieve pain (this is true for arthritis pain too) that helps mineralize the bones. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition conducted one of many studies on magnesium showed that people who had a diet high in magnesium had a higher bone density, and overall bone stronger.
Do not stop reading: Pain in the feet and various causes
There are several ways to get more magnesium and use it for arthritis in particular and treat knee pain.
- supplements: Magnesium capsules are a good option to add your life, but they work best when used along with a proper diet.
- Diet: Actually this is the most important when purchasing magnesium your body needs factor. Eat high magnesium content, including dark green vegetables (such as spinach), nuts and legumes (beans).
- Oil: There magnesium oil that can be applied topically and is absorbed through the skin. Rub aching joints to relieve pain.
Mix mint with eucalyptus oil
Mint and eucalyptus do not change the course of arthritis itself, but have analgesic substances that help relieve knee pain. Producing the cooling sensation can temporarily override your discomfort, and create a relaxing feeling that can relieve arthritis pain also.
You will need to
- 5-10 drops peppermint oil
- 5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of carrier oil (olive, almond, grape seed, etc.)
- A small dark glass bottle
Mixing 5 to 10 drops of eucalyptus and peppermint oil together and then mixed with 1 to 2 tablespoons of carrier oil. carrier oil is needed to dilute the essential oil so as not to irritate the skin, and can be olive oil, grapeseed, or something like (not oil.) Stores the oil mixture in a bottle dark and away from direct sunlight glass and rub joints when hurt, this is an effective treatment using home remedies for knee pain.
Other options to treat pain in the knee
- Salvia: When it comes to pain caused by a blow to the knee can reap the benefits of salvia to alleviate it. The way to implement this solution by rubbing knee leaves wrapped in a damp cloth salvia with warm water.
- Aloe vera gel: The therapeutic properties of aloe vera will help relieve inflammation of the knee, to achieve the desired effect should mix honey, red mud and aloe vera gel, thereby prepare a paste and humectas knees, allowed to act for one hour and removed with water. You'll notice a great relief on your knees.
- Olive oil. It is a very powerful anti-inflammatory. It stimulates circulation and improves soon discomfort. Just a little heat the oil and apply knees circular massage. You can repeat this process up to twice a day.
- Cabbage or cabbage. Its leaves are very powerful for its anti-inflammatory effect, so the knee pain will be discussed shortly. To prepare you need:
- Cut the leaves of a cabbage finest that you can.
- Mixtures leaves with 4 tablespoons of water. Crushed with a mortar or a food disposer.
- Apply the cream you get knee.
- Cover with a cloth or gauze.
- Leave on for about twenty minutes.
- Removed with warm water preparation.
Writing: Life Team Lúcida