Discover how to make kefir to give your body the benefits of a great probiotic food you can do in your own home to improve digestion and health of the entire intestine.
Kefir is as light yogurt which it is available in stores, but do it at home is better because it contains many more strains of good bacteria that commercial. To be more specific, homemade kefir, it is 7 times more dense in probiotics, which purchased commercially.
These probiotics will live and colonize your intestines, will protect you from toxins, bad bacteria and increase your immunity. It is spicy and creamy, similar to buttermilk or plain yogurt. It also makes it smell better in many ways.
However, although I like yogurt, Kefir is very different strains contained colonize the intestinal tract, and not just go out there providing a temporary benefit. Some of the strains in kefir are aggressive in nature also, which means that attack and destroy pathogens and reaffirming the domain control intestinal environment.
This is the reason kefir eat a lot when you have intestinal problems imbalance, You can sometimes trigger a crisis temporary cure by the decrease of pathogens in the gut. Eat lots of yogurt rarely causes this kind of reaction, because the effect on digestive health is much smoother.
Furthermore, kefir contains a lot of range of bacteria and yeasts beneficial fighting candida problems.
How to make your own kefir
Excellent thing about this homemade healthy food is that you can decide what use to make milk. Kefir grains are very versatile and can be used to culturizar cow milk (raw or pasteurized), goat milk, soy milk or coconut milk, giving people with lactose sensitivity, variety of options.
To make kefir at home, you need "kefir grains". These grains resemble rice pudding. Small curds are composed of live yeast and beneficial bacteria. Your "new pet" is kept alive by feeding milk; although coconut water and almond milk also work.
Do not stop reading: Microbes that control your mind.
In preparation of kefir
- Add your grains to a glass jar. Do not worry about sterilization, just to be clean.
- Pour the milk of your choice, at a ratio of one tablespoon of beans to a cup of milk (always try to use organic produce free grazing). Just experiment to see how texture and flavor you get.
- Cover with something to breathe because the milk fermentation gas release. A coffee filter and a rubber / rubber band works very well.
- Leave it in direct sunlight for 12-24 hours. The fermentation time may vary depending on the environment or the amount of grains relative to the milk (the more grains or warmer temperature, the faster it becomes) temperature.
- When milk becomes thick and bubbly, you know it's ready.
- Pour the contents into a colander, working back and forth with a spoon to help the kefir to seep.
- Saca drained kefir grains. Do not rinse, just put back into a clean jar, add the milk, and cover. A new batch will be ready tomorrow. Any excess kefir can be stored in the refrigerator, covered lightly for a few days.
- If you find that the grains multiply faster than you can drink, then you can eat them or share them, or put in the freezer as a backup in case some die.
- You can also save your beans with milk in the fridge to slow fermentation. If you do, be sure to leave it out for a few days to allow the colony is restored. Some of the microbes die from the cold.
This is what happens when you leave it too long. You can see that milk has been separated. still good however, only stirred and filtered. Or pour the liquid and make sour cream or cheese. The longer allowed to ferment, is higher folate content. It will also be thicker and tangier.
How to consume kefir
Kefir can be enjoyed alone or you can also use it as a salad dressing, also when you need a substitute for buttermilk, sour cream or plain yogurt. Or make a smoothie with frozen fruit and sweetened with honey. you can prepare your kefir vegan coconut milk if you do not consume animal products.
Do not stop reading: Diet to detoxify lungs in three days
Where to get and how to buy kefir grains
You can buy beans (also called Tibetan fungi) on the Internet or in health food stores, but it's better that I share a friend so you can verify if the grains are healthy and work very well to make kefir.
You can also take as a reference these instructions when searching kefir grains.
- You can buy fresh kefir grains or crops powder. Fresh grains are the preferred choice of people who regularly prepare kefir. Grains are easy to propagate, so you'd have to buy them only once.
- Cultures powder consisting of yeasts and bacteria inactive, are more convenient to store and does not have to be monitored option. However, the powdered form has an expiration date and needs to acquire periodically.
- As we mentioned above, ask your acquaintances who like this food, if you can give some kefir grains. Kefir cultures grow very quickly. Ask a friend to excess, it is the easiest way to get fresh kefir grains.
- Looking for a web directory of nearby people who share the grains. There are several Internet directories that maintain lists of people (and their location) offered to donate or sell their kefir grains. If someone on the list live near you, contact them and ask.
- You can also join a discussion forum on the Internet for fans of kefir. There are numerous groups and discussion forums to discuss the preparation of this rich food. Many of these forums have a page where users can list the grains available for donation or sale.
- Manage your beans properly. Once you buy grains, it is necessary to manage them well to keep them alive. The best way to do this is to keep them in a jar at room temperature and add to the jar fresh milk every day. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Research and Writing: Life Lúcida