It is known as "paresthesia" that burning sensation that feels like a tingling skin. Those who suffer feel as if something will crawl or walk on the skin, similar to when an insect walks body.
Although it seems normal, sufferers should know that it is not if this feeling appears in the body frequently. Tingling on the skin can move forward and begin to cause numbness, behind these feelings are injured nerves and therefore it is important to consult a professional.
What are the symptoms of paresthesia? What do you really feel?
What area tingling occurs?
This feeling can occur anywhere in the body, however usually appear on the hands, arms, legs and feet.
What are the causes of skin tingle?
- Circulation problems: Those people that blood does not circulate well usually have tingling usually in the legs, if constantly produce should consult with a professional.
- Multiple sclerosis: The tingling is one of the symptoms of this disease, which is caused by insufficient blood flow where the sensation and also causes problems in the nervous system.
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Although the causes are unknown it is believed to be caused by anemia or kidney failure, tingling in the legs is one of the main symptoms and may worsen at night.
- hypoesthesia: It sensitivity and loss and disorder occurs in the perception of reality.
- Diabetes: In this disease it is common that people often feel tingling, This is one of the main symptoms when he has ulcers. It is important to consult a doctor to prevent gangrene occur.
Do not stop reading: Scientists finally discover the function of the human appendix
Other causes of skin tingle:
- Nerve injury.
- Pressure on spinal nerves
- Pressure on peripheral nerves
- Staying in the same position for a long time
- Consume alcoholic beverages or snuff, because the nerves are damaged by lead
- Abnormal levels of potassium, calcium or sodium
- Drug consumption
- Animal Bites
- Lack of vitamins
Treatments for skin tingling
The treatment is done depends on the reason why this has been caused, the doctor can perform a series of questions to determine the cause and then recommend treatment, for some of them it is advisable to certain exercises, which will allow symptoms disappear. When the tingling is caused by lack of vitamin supplements or eating a diet rich in these vitamins that the body needs to be recommended.
For any questions or assist with better trusted doctor so that he can analyze and recommend appropriate treatment.
Other tips to try and alleviate paresthesia
- Exercises: To reduce the tingling sensation should be performed exercises, this will help improve blood circulation. You can choose to perform yoga, because it is a perfect place to stimulate circulation and therefore relieve the symptoms exercise.
- Change the position: If the tingling occurs by holding a position for several hours is recommended to change position every 30 minutes.
- Reduce sugary foods: When the tingling is due to elevated levels of blood sugar it is important to eliminate from the diet those foods with too much sugar.
- Avoid coffee: To avoid traffic problems need to eliminate coffee, as this can clog and cause circulation problems.
Do not stop reading: homemade mixes for brittle nails
Writing: Life Team Lúcida