Basil is a highly fragrant plant whose leaves are used as seasoning herb for many different types of food. Basil has become one of the most recognized herbs and pesto, a blend of basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, is very popular.
Basil has round leaves. They are green, although some varieties have touches of red or purple. Basil looks a bit like mint, it's no wonder that belong to the same plant family.
There are over 60 varieties of basil, all of which differ somewhat in appearance and taste. While the flavor of basil is bright and penetrating, other varieties also offer unique flavors: lemon basil, cinnamon basil basil and anise flavors all have subtly reflect their name. The scientific name is Ocimum basilicum basil.
15 Benefits of Basil
1. Benefit Basil as healing power: Basil has many medicinal properties. The leaves are a nerve tonic and sharpens memory. They promote the removal of catarrhal matter and phlegm from the bronchial tubes. Leaves strengthen the stomach and induce profuse perspiration. The plant seed is mucilaginous.
2. The common cold fever and one of its great benefitsThe leaves of basil are specific for many fevers. During the rainy season, when malaria and dengue fever are widely prevalent, tender leaves, boiled with tea, act as preventive against these diseases. In the case of acute fevers, a decoction of the boiled leaves with powdered cardamom in half a liter of water mixed with sugar and organic milk lowers the temperature. Juice of basil leaves can be used to reduce fever. Leaves extract fresh water it must be administered every 2 to 3 hours. Meanwhile you can continue giving sips of cold water. In children, it is very effective in reducing the temperature.
3. Cough: Basil is an important issue for many cough syrups and expectorants ayurvedic component. It helps to mobilize mucus in bronchitis and asthma. Chewing tulsi leaves relieves cold and flu.
Do not stop reading: 10 Ways to alkalize the body
4. Sore throat: Water boiled with basil leaves can be taken as drink in case of sore throat. This water can also be used for gargling.
5. Respiratory disorder: Basil has benefits in the treatment of disorders of the respiratory system. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, flu, coughs and colds. A decoction of the leaves, cloves and sea salt also gives immediate relief in case of influenza. They should be boiled in a pint of water till only half the water remains and take.
6. Renal Calculation: Basil has a strong effect on the kidney. In the case of kidney stones the juice of basil leaves and honey, if taken regularly for 6 months, you can make it expelled through the urinary tract.
7. Heart Disorder: Basil has a beneficial effect on heart disease and weak as a result. cholesterol level in the blood is reduced.
8. Children's Diseases: Common pediatric problems like cold, cough, fever, diarrhea and vomiting respond favorably to the juice of basil leaves. If the pustules of chicken pox delay their appearance, basil leaves taken with saffron accelerate them.
9. Stress: Basil leaves are regarded as an "adaptogen" or anti-stress agent. Recent studies have shown that the leaves produce significant protection against stress. Even healthy persons can chew 12 basil leaves twice a day to prevent stress. Purifies the blood and helps prevent several common elements.
10. Mouth InfectionsThe leaves are very effective for ulcers and infections in the mouth. A few chewed leaves can cure these diseases.
11. Insect bites: The herb is a prophylactic or preventive and curative for insect bites or stings. A teaspoon of juice from the leaves is taken and is repeated after a few hours. Fresh juice must also be applied to the affected parties. A paste of fresh roots is also effective in case of bites of insects and leeches.
Do not stop reading: Properties and delicious juice Beets
12. Skin disorders: applied locally, basil juice is beneficial in the treatment of ringworm and other skin diseases. It has also been tried successfully by some naturopaths in the treatment of leucoderma.
13. Teeth Disorder: The herb is useful in disorders of the teeth. Its leaves, dried in the sun and make powder, can be used for brushing teeth. It can also be mixed with oil to make a paste and used as toothpaste. This is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea and other teeth disorders.
14. Headaches: Basil is good medicine for headache. A decoction of the leaves can be given for this disorder. crushed leaves mixed with sandalwood paste can also be applied on the forehead to get relief from heat, headache, and to provide freshness in general.
15. Eye disorders: Basil juice is an effective treatment for sore eyes and night blindness, which is usually caused by deficiency of vitamin A. Two drops of black basil juice remedy is put into the eyes daily at bedtime .
He passed 1: Find a stem tieng 6 or more leaves on it. The longer, the better.
Step 2: Cut the stem of the rest of the group with scissors.
Step 3: Cut the upper leaves or flowers and leaves the bottom at the point of origin or where it joins the stem.
He passed 4: Place in a jar with water.
Step 5: Wait and you will be surprised that your stem gradually start giving roots growing in about a week.
Step 6: Transplant it in a pot with soil and basil enjoy all year round!
See also How to grow chives in your kitchen
Lúcida research and writing of Life