It's delicious banana jam ginger and sugar free, gluten and preservatives, is a treat you'll want to enjoy every day. Whether at breakfast or snack on whole grain bread or a rich delicious pancakes, this unique recipe will make you want to do twice next time.
Full of warm and sweet flavors, this recipe sugar will leave you with more than spoiled palate. Bananas are one of the biggest fruit and fiber-rich nutritional benefits that make this recipe, along with other ingredients, a product worthy of being tasted by their scents and exotic flavors.
Bananas, however, are the fruits that rot easily, and leave us time to eat them as we want. There are times that we not miss the supermarket offers and we started to buy bananas thinking that we consume before it is too late, but it is not. But the good news is that there are ways in which these bananas can be well used. For example prepare them in recipes. When they are a little beyond his point, not the tires, you can follow effectively leveraging.
The following is a recipe for banana jam. Whether you use your mature or point bananas, this recipe you will scrumptious. It is also practical from start to finish: it is easy to prepare, you can refrigerate and the long-term storage.
Do not stop reading: it is good to butter coffee
How to make a banana jam
- 2 large bananas (or 3 medium)
- 2cm -3/4 "piece of fresh ginger (or 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger)
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- Juice of half lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons honey
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Peel and chop the bananas and finely chop fresh ginger. You can grate it finely.
- Mix these in a pan with heavy base with orange and lemon juice and orange zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add honey.
- Heat gently until the honey is completely dissolved and then raise the temperature to low heat and stirring, cook for 15 minutes. If cooked too long bananas darken.
- Place the mixture in a sterilized bottle and cap. Store in the refrigerator and use for 2 weeks. If you are going to store, cover with lid and seal jar preserves and seal it with water bath.
- Serve on toast or scones, or even better, served with yogurt for breakfast.
Life writing Lúcida