There are various methods based on the experience of hundreds of people who can help end the persistent hiccups in a few seconds, and so feel immediate relief. Read on to know the causes of hiccups and how to stop it quickly.
Hiccups is directly related to several of our bodies, including: the diaphragm, glottis, respiratory tract and lungs. Hiccups are caused by a sudden contraction of the diaphragm. This is a muscle beneath the lungs and helps us breathe. In turn the upper part of the trachea, also known as glottis closes immediately after the diaphragm undergoes contraction. thus producing the sound known as "hiccups". Want to know how to eliminate persistent hiccups? Do not forget to read the following article.
What causes hiccups?
Hiccups is an automatic reaction of the body that can not be controlled, defined as an involuntary contraction of the diaphragm. However, unlike the sneeze or cough, do not seem to have any use in our body. Despite this hiccup it is very common, affecting men and women alike. Being persistent hiccups, Some studies indicate that affects males. And a striking feature of hiccups is usually greater role in the evenings. Most people have hiccups occasionally, something that is in itself very unpleasant. In most cases, it begins without reason and soon disappears.
a specific cause for persistent hiccups that appears is not known. However, having the very full stomach can cause episodes of hiccups that disappear on their own after a while. Some possible causes are:
Do not stop reading 7 herbs to fight arthritis and joint pain
- Eating too much or too fast
- Ingesting too much alcohol
- Swallowing a large amount of air in a short time
- Have any irritation in the diaphragm, which causes suddenly and inadvertently contract.
- A sudden change in temperature of the stomach, as a hot drink and then a cold drink
- emotional stress, accompanied by sighs
How long does the hiccups?
Hiccups usually goes away by itself in the space of a few minutes or hours at most. If lasts more than 48 hours hiccups, called persistent hiccups. And if it lasts more than one month, which is very rare that happens, it is called irritable hiccup. The latter can cause exhaustion, lack of sleep, and even weight loss sufferer. Both persistent hiccups as irritable hiccups are usually a sign of greater health problems to which we must pay serious attention.
How to remove persistent hiccups?
Because there is no apparent cause or its reason for being useful, either there scientific remedies for hiccups. Most of these attacks go away by themselves within a few minutes or a few hours and do not require any treatment. However, multiple home remedies are used to treat hiccups states. Most of them involve increased levels of carbon dioxide in the blood. Some of these remedies include:
Do not stop reading: Treat sinusitis with this homemade mixture
- A glass of ice water or cold. Be careful not to drink after conducting a thorough physical activity.
- Raise your arms up and arches back, feeling the abdomen contracts and hold the breath even with raised arms. This is a very effective way to end persistent hiccups.
- Drink a glass of water by tilting your head to your knees, you should put the rim on your upper lip, and drink slowly, preventing water spill or enter through your nose.
- Repetitive breathing and quickly using a paper bag.
- Panting after a fright sudden, this will "break" the contraction of the diaphragm, breathing normally again.
- Bring your knees to your chest and / or tilt the body forward to compress the chest keeping the air.
There are many folk remedies for remove the persistent hiccup, but only based on the experience that each individual has suffered as states have exceeded their hiccups. its effectiveness is unclear, ie, they may serve in some people and not others, depending on how you react body of each individual. They do not exist medicines for hiccups, rather, almost all the remedies offered, have to do with breathing exercises, and not making any concoction.